Death by Slow Internet

So... I feel like I should re-introduce myself after this week of dumbstruckish-silenced-quietness. Fact is, I've been teensitting my little sister in... Caledon. A place where internet connections go to die. But then I found this pic on Pinterest and I'm looking at slow internet connections in a much more positive light.

NOT.

But at least it made me smile...
Picture via Pinterest

I ♥ that it takes 18 minutes to load a clip and fails in the last 22 seconds.

I ♥ that loading a picture on to Facebook makes washing dishes look like a freaking picnic.

I ♥ that you can cook dinner while waiting for an email to load, just to find out it's some newsletter from some place offering some free service that isn't really free.

I ♥ that a slow internet connection cuts you off from the world. It really gave me a chance to get to know me, you know? And speak in 140 character tweets to my teddy.

I ♥ that slow internet completely drains your dongle's airtime at least twice a day - I've really gotten to know the dude at the garage kiosk and I'm definitely feeling a connection.

Now that's what you call "glass half full". It's good to be back, bloggeteers!


No comments:

Post a Comment