When in doubt, buy marshmallows

So tonight I'm playing hostess for our church group. For an after dinner treat, I decided to bake cupcakes from scratch. OK, that's a lie. Let's just say I had a little help from Snowflake. Nudge-nudge, wink-wink. Anyhoo, when it came to icing the "homemade" lovelies I encountered a slight hiccup: Making icing is such a mission! OK, that's a lie too. I'm actually forbidden by law to make icing from scratch for as long as my brother and I share a flat, putting him at risk of getting stuck with the dishes. That's when I remembered a little golden tip a friend of mine once let me in on at a braai: After the cupcakes come out the oven, place a marshmallow on top and put it back in for a couple of seconds. And that my dear friends, is exactly what I did...

(Excuse the poor quality pics. My camera is still at my... Oh no wait, that's a story for another time.)




Was it successful? Heck, who knows! We'll let the troops decide tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment