With age comes new vocab

Being a grown up is pretty cool, except that it's not. Five years ago, my biggest worry was whether or not these shoes went with those earrings and how on earth I was going to finish a 300 word essay in only two weeks. The fact is, adulthood would be pretty freaking awesome, if only I never had to utter these depressing sentences:

  • So, what's the tax submission deadline this year?
  • Let me just go put in some petrol, first.
  • Did I switch off the stove/iron/oven/heater?
  • I wish I could go, but it's my turn to do the dishes.
  • What should we do for dinner tonight?
  • Medical aid companies these days are just so unreliable.
  • Yeah, and food prices are going up again - where is it going to stop?
  • That would've been awesome, dude, but I have to work tomorrow.
  • I just need to pick up some window cleaner.
  • How do you get a tomato sauce/red wine/curry/beetroot stain out?
  • ...and then I really need to do some ironing this weekend. 
Of course adulthood has its perks, but for now, let's just focus on the negative.




No comments:

Post a Comment