Split-Second Christmas Table

This post is hideously delayed, I know, so for the next 3 minutes I'd like you to pretend that today is in fact the day after Christmas and be super impressed by how rapidly I got this post up. Reset brain, and GO ---> 

As you might remember from this post, I had a bit of a dilemma yesterday (on Christmas day ;-) when I realised that I had (stupidly) volunteered to decorate the Christmas table. 'Freak out' is an understatement. So with no time to ransack the shops, I had to make do with what we had lying around the house and garden, which is how this white + yellow + lime recycled table came into being. 

1. Newspaper table cloth, mainly because I ALWAYS mess.
2. Glass jars as juice tumblers with double straws, & halved lemons/limes as place card holders.
3. A pretty gardenia ("katjiepiering") under each glass.

1. Freshly picked garden flowers in recycled glass bottles + wooden crate.
2. Yellow/lime A4 paper as place mats.
3. Cutlery, straws, jars and glasses decorated with tan raffia string.


Apologies for the bad pictures and colour. Quite frankly, I blame the camera. What's that, camera? Oh, he says, "yes - I screwed up".

No comments:

Post a Comment