Word of the day: Snickerdoodle!

My gran used to make [these biscuits] and I used to LOVE [these biscuits] and dip a dozen of [these biscuits]. But never in my life did anyone think to tell me that [these biscuits] are called Snickerdoodles. The name itself is delicious. I mean, half the joy lies in saying that name, people! Quite frankly, I feel a little betrayed.

On a different note, tomorrow is my last day as a desk bound copywriter before I take off into the world of self-employed tea sippers, known to the rest of society as freelancers. Celebrations are in order, me thinks, and snickerdoodles seem like a worthy treat for such a golden occasion.

So, what is this 'snickerdoodle' I speak of? Observe, friend, and prepare for your taste buds to melt:

Tempted yet?

Snickerdoodles (recipe via Real Simple)


Ingredients

    3  cups  all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
    1  teaspoon  baking soda
    2  teaspoons  cream of tartar
    1/2  teaspoon  kosher salt
    1  cup  (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
    1/2  cup  light brown sugar
    1 1/4  cups  granulated sugar
    2  large eggs
    2  teaspoons  pure vanilla extract
    2  teaspoons  ground cinnamon

Directions


  • Heat oven to 375° F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
  • With an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and 1 cup of the granulated sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated.
  • In a shallow bowl, combine the cinnamon and the remaining ¼ cup of granulated sugar. Form the dough into balls (each equal to 1 level tablespoon). Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
  • Bake until the edges are golden, 12 to 14 minutes.
  • Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
  • Makes 60, yes 60 Snickerdoodle-doo's 

What's more, you can fill them with cream cheese frosting...

And prepare yourself for...

SNICKERDOODLE CUPCAKES! Holy moly, indeed.



Usually when people refer to food as "gorgeous", I want to throw myself off the nearest building. But in this case, even I can't think of a better description.

No comments:

Post a Comment