News made interesting. No jokes.

This particular post pre-dates Noah's ark, I know. But please bear with my scattered brain - if I don't post this link right here, right now, I fear I might wake up one morning and this gigglesome parody site (yes, I just linked it again. Sue me) will be wiped clean from the oddly distorted slate that is my brain.

Next to 9gag, Hayibo (yep, that's another link) is definitely one of the sites that has me cackling out loud in the office every so often, earning quite a few evil eyes and even the odd finger. Here are two excerpts to whet your appetite and make you click this link not tomorrow, but right now. The funnies are happening as we speak, peoples, as...we...speak.

Cape Town hipsters sweat ironically in post-cool heat wave

Remember the days when we were complaining about the heat rather than the rain? Yes, this excerpt really is THAT old. But it doesn't make it any less funny. “Obviously we’re sweating ironically” said Josh Trustfund, flicking his asymmetrical fringe. “We’re just not sure whether to embrace sweat as a creative expression of ‘post-cool’, or to shun it as too mainstream” he added. “I mean, we were sweating long before it was popular.”

Woolworths shoppers foil Islamist hot cross bun terror plot

And then of course there was the Woolies hot cross bun incident that was really pretty serious, but  had me stifling quite a few Sandra Bullock snorts while reading this article.... “We threw holy water at the Moorish buns, and sure enough, they began to hiss and writhe and babble in a language we’ve decided is probably an ancient Urdu dialect,” said leading food exorcist, Father Donut O’Really. “Or, at least, they wilted a bit. But that’s close enough.”


Sheesh. News has never been this interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment